(click to enlarge)
We had guests at Andrew’s Bar and Kelly’s Kitchen and Rest this week. My sister, Pam, and her family paid us a visit from Illinois. As part of our hospitality, I laid in an assortment of local craft beer and opened the bar for cocktail experimentation. We ended up with a new drink.
- two ounces good bourbon. I used Hudson Baby Bourbon from Tuthilltown Spirits.
- one ounce Carpano Antica Formula amaro
- ¼ ounce agave syrup
- 1½ dash (12 drops) orange bitters. Mine are from Bittercube.
- ½ dash (4 drops) cherry bark-vanilla bitters
- 1 bing cocktail cherry
- a large, thin slice of orange peal
Stir the liquid ingredients in a mixing glass with ice for thirty seconds. Drop a bing cherry garnish into a cocktail tumbler, followed by one large ice cube. Do not use refrigerator ice maker cubes. Aspire to greatness and buy yourself a cube mold or spherical mold and make big cubes.